In the wake of my paean to the state of Iowa on Thursday, many New Hampshire residents (and Granite State allies) screamed snub.
— John Tackeff (@jtackeff) January 23, 2014
Save your angry emails and tweets! I love New Hampshire too. In fact, I have written two pieces praising the Granite State over my time overseeing this blog. To save you the time of clicking around to find everything I love about New Hampshire, I combined all of it into 12 reasons listed below.
First, my list from 2008 of the 10 things I loved about a trip to the Granite State.
1 . "Patience" by Guns 'n' Roses played twice in the space of 30 minutes on two different radio stations.
2. There are 11 direct flight between Manchester and Baltimore today. Thank you Southwest!
3. The Caucus -- now Primary -- Beard fits right in.
4. On two consecutive days, thousands of people packed into Nashua North High School to see Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) and then Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (N.Y.) speak.
5. Everything is under an hour's drive from everything else.
6. The Peddler's Daughter, a bar/restaurant in in Nashua, not only has free wifi but they gladly switched on last night's Republican debate on Fox News Channel.
7. Drive down one block Elm Street in Manchester and you see a group of Ron Paul supporters egging you on to beat your horn for support; drive down the next and supporters of former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani are doing the same.
8. "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison -- The Fix's favorite power ballad of the 1980s -- played TWICE in a drive from Nashua to Manchester last night.
9. The Fix car was blocked in by the Rep. Dennis Kucinich's (D-Ohio) campaign bus this morning
10. Dunkin' Donuts -- in the Manchester airport and everywhere else in the state.
In the summer of 2013, I came back at New Hampshire -- with even more love, adding two more reasons to love the state.
12. The Balsams
Happy now, New Hampshire?