The top 10 people or events that could derail President Obama’s improving chances for reelection:
10. Supporters get cocky.
9. Donors fail to fund Obama’s super PAC, letting Mitt Romney off the mat.
8. Vladimir Putin interprets his election as a mandate and attacks former members of the USSR.
7. Obama and Democrats overplay their winning hand on contraception and gay marriage.
6. Republicans “fix” the Latino problem by passing the Dream Act.
5. Romney announces Marco Rubio as his running mate months before the convention.
4. Romney wraps up the nomination in the next two weeks, replenishes coffers to assault Obama’s record.
3. Another major financial system trembles; Japan, anyone?
2. Gas prices increase by another 25 percent (see #1).
1. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu strikes Iran.