The Christmas travel season remains in full swing, and that means Santa gets the full treatment from Arlington comedian Remy Munasifi, and from our friends at the Transportation Security Administration, in this quick but funny look at airport security for all.
If Virginia mints its own currency, who should be on the coins? Founding fathers or modern musicians? Vote in our State of NoVa Poll here.
Use our new and improved traffic cams to check out your route before you go, on our traffic and commuting page.
Good profile of Neil MacBride, top federal prosecutor in Eastern Va.: U.S. attorney raises his profile with ambitious cases - Virginian-Pilot
A look at Patrick Henry College’s Michael Farris and his Lyme disease campaign: Lyme Disease task force to hold hearing in Roanoke - The Roanoke Times
Top 50 restaurants in NoVa. Vienna Inn somehow missing. Best Restaurants of 2012 - Northern Virginia Magazine
Federal food aid rising locally. Use of food stamps skyrocketing in Northern Virginia - Alexandria Gazette Packet
N.Y. Times likes new Mosaic district, but declares Merrifield.... A Suburban Wasteland in Virginia Gets a Modern Urban Feel - New York Times
Sure, there are a lot of blogs and a lot of blah-blah-blah out there. But here at The State of NoVa, we’ve culled through a few hundred or so, and bring you our list of the Top 31 fun and fascinating blogs on everything from politics to partying.
You want to track down your local police chief? Find out your county’s dog leash policy? Look up the school lunch for tomorrow? Here’s our list of the official websites for Northern Virginia’s local government, police and school districts. We’ll add more as we find ‘em.
- Norquist: Revamping gas tax violates anti-tax pledge
- Virginia Politics blog has moved
- Fairfax County may force smoking workers to take cessation classes, lawyer says
Latest stories from the Virginia Politics blog
- Loudoun schools again reject helmet sensors for high school football players
- Grassley demands answers from Fairfax police, U.S. attorney in John Geer case
- Manassas City detective in teen ‘sexting’ case sues teen’s lawyer for defamation
- UPDATE: Loudoun supervisors decide against raising their pay
- Psychologist in Prince Rams custody case paying mother $550,000 legal settlement
- Arlington County
- Dale City
- Dulles International Airport
- Fairfax City
- Fairfax County
- Falls Church
- George Mason University
- Great Falls
- Loudoun County
- Mount Vernon
- Northern Virginia Community College
- Prince William County
- Social Services
- Tyson's Corner
- Full Monthly Archive
- The Washington Post
More ways to get us