(Update: See the official cast here.)
Although ABC won’t officially announce the Fall 2011 cast of “Dancing With the Stars” until Monday night, the blogosphere has been speculating for weeks about which celebs will compete for the hideous mirror ball trophy.
Names tossed around include Chaz Bono, Ron Artest, Snooki, Rob Kardashian and Tiffani Thiessen, though some have offered quick denials.
Here’s the speculative list making the rounds today:
* David Arquette, actor and frequent Howard Stern guest
* Ron Artest, Los Angeles Lakers forward whose wife, Kimsha, is currently starring in VH1’s “Basketball Wives LA”
* Chaz Bono, (born Chastity, daughter of Sonny and Cher), and the subject of OWN documentary series “Becoming Chaz,” which chronicled his life following sex reassignment surgery
* Elisabetta Canalis, model (but more importantly, George Clooney ex-girlfriend)
* Kristin Cavallari, “The Hills” protagonist and ex-fiancee of Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler
* Nancy Grace, Headline News commentator who made headlines with her exhaustive coverage of the Casey Anthony trial
* Rob Kardashian, of E!’s “Keeping Up With the Kardashians” and brother of Kim, etc.
* Ricki Lake, actress and former talk show host
* J.R. Martinez, Iraq war veteran and actor on ABC's “All My Children"
* Ryan O’Neal, actor and recent star of OWN’s “Ryan & Tatum: The O’Neals”,trying to mend his relationship with daughter Tatum
* Chynna Phillips, singer and actress
* Hope Solo, U.S. women soccer team’s goalkeeper
We’ll be live blogging the official announcement tonight, so come back to see which names will actually take the stage.