On the day CBS aired part 2 of the getting-rid-of-Charlie-Season season opener, Warner Bros. TV, Sheen’s camp, and that of show creator Chuck Lorre issued a statement saying their various differences had been settled.
Thus ends the multi-million-dollar lawsuit Sheen had filed against the studio and Lorre after he was sacked from the show in March.
“Warner Bros. Television, Chuck Lorre and Charlie Sheen have resolved their dispute to the parties’ mutual satisfaction,” the statement said.
“The pending lawsuit and arbitration will be dismissed as to all parties. The parties have agreed to maintain confidentiality over the terms of the settlement.”
It’s believed the settlement restores to Sheen those payments for the cut of the show’s profits in repeats--payments he had been getting before he sued Warner Bros. The studio stopped making those payments when Sheen filed the suit in March.
Seems another 3.3 million people caught the episode in the three days after it’s Sept. 19 season broadcast, bringing to total haul to a whopping 33 million and counting.
Word of the settlement had been expected since a surprisingly contrite Sheen turned up on Jay Leno’s NBC late night show and said he would have fired himself if he were Warner Bros. Sheen gave a repeat performance on NBC’s “Today” show the next morning and, days later, turned up at the Primetime Emmy Awards to tell his former “Men” colleagues, “From the bottom of my heart I wish you nothing but the best for this upcoming season.”
The Charlie Sheen versus Warner Bros. fracas erupted way back in January when the studio shut down production so Sheen, whose partying ways were among TMZ’s favorite ongoing sagas, could get treatment for substance abuse.
Things went downhill from there and, when the studio sacked him, Sheen sued. Only, a California Superior Court judge decided the fracas had to go to arbitration because of the terms of his contract.