Terms and conditions of the ‘Mad Men’ Look contest
Thursday, February 9, 2012;
1. Directors, officers, and employees of WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions (as well as each member of their immediate family and of their household) are not eligible to submit an entry/submission. The contest is only open to residents of the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia.
2. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws apply.
3. To enter, fully complete and submit (as directed) the online entry form available on the entry page located at http://www.washingtonpost.com/conversations/does-your-home-have-the-mad-men-look/2011/02/02/ABT96sO_ugcgallery.html. Submissions will be accepted beginning at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) on 2/9/2012 and must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. EDT on 3/12/2012 (”Entry Period”). Each entrant must follow the presented instructions and provide the information requested (collectively, “Entry Materials”).
5. Entry Materials that are late, unintelligible, incomplete, unreadable, damaged, destroyed, delayed, tampered with, forged, misdirected or otherwise not in compliance with these Term and Conditions may be disqualified.
6. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that his/her Entry Materials do not violate or infringe the rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights, including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks, of any third party, nor do the Entry Materials contain libelous or defamatory material. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits Entry Materials which Sponsor believes may be defamatory, obscene, profane, offensive, harassing, inappropriate, or that may infringe upon or violate another party’s rights. In its sole discretion, Sponsor reserves the right to modify any material submitted prior to posting (or not to post such materials at all) or otherwise disseminating such materials. Submitted materials will not be returned.
7. All entries generated by a script, macro or other automated/repetitive electronic means will be disqualified and ineligible for the promotion.
8. Submitted Entry Materials will be posted on WashingtonPost.com, and may be included in both print and online features and promotions. In addition, by entering you grant Sponsor a license to publish, reproduce, use, transfer, and otherwise display your Entry Materials in any medium and for any purpose in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. A Washington Post representative]s] will select 5 Finalists based on based on the design and decor -- for instance, how well the home decor reflects the mid-century modern aesthetic, how the decor of the era is reflected throughout different aspects of the home and how appealing the decor works in the space, as well as originality, authenticity, creativity and adherence to contest rules. Each finalist will be notified of his/her selection via email and telephone to the email address and phone number submitted as part of his/her Entry Materials, or the Entry Materials submitted by his/her representative. Each Finalist must be able to accommodate photography and an interview between March 13, 2012, and March 31, 2012, to qualify for selection as winner. Each selected Finalist may also be required to provide Sponsor with additional information and/or sign appropriate documentation at this time. Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate.
The winner will be selected by The Posts’s designated judges of the contest from among the five finalists. The winner will be selected based on the judges’ determination of the entry with the best design that reflects the mid-century modern design in their home.
10. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than the number of Finalists originally indicated including (without limitation) based on insufficient number of eligible entries or in the event that any of the originally selected Finalists failed to comply with the promotion’s Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the above, Sponsor may select alternate Finalists in accordance with these Term and Conditions.
11. The use of computer generated programs or other similar means to submit multiple votes is prohibited and such votes will be discarded/disqualified as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. As determined solely by Sponsor, all votes not in compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be discarded/disqualified.
12. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification or other material sent pursuant to these Terms and Conditions that is lost, intercepted or not received for any reason.
13. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, an entrant may be disqualified if such entrant (i) is unreachable or notification is returned as undeliverable (if applicable); (ii) fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions; or (iii) engages in any fraudulent, unfair or deceptive activity.
14. There are no prizes being offered in this promotion, but Sponsor will write an article and do a photo shoot of the winner’s home for publication by The Post.
15. By participating in this promotion, each entrant gives Sponsor permission to use his/her Entry Materials and other information provided to Sponsor in any manner or media in its sole discretion.
16. By participating in this promotion, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. By entering, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates and subsidiaries, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, directors, representatives and agents from and against any claims, damages or liability involving or arising out of the promotion or his/her participation in the promotion including, but not limited to, claims involving printing errors or other errors. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, the promotion.
17. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend this promotion should any virus, bug, computer problem or other cause or problem corrupt or inhibit the administration, security or intended operation of the promotion and, in such situation (or in the event of any type of error), to select participants, alternates, and/or winner from among the eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
18. The interpretation of these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the District of Columbia exclusively and solely by and within the courts of the District of Columbia with regard to choice of law principles.
19. Notwithstanding the above, The Washington Post is not licensed to publish, reproduce, use, transfer, and otherwise display your Entry Materials in book format.