White Flint ’s developer is trying to make it a go-to place for dining and entertainment in the mold of Bethesda Row. The developer of both places — Federal Realty Investment Trust — is lining up restaurants to fill in around White Flint’s iPic luxury movie theater and 250-seat music venue by Strathmore Hall Foundation.
Federal Realty announced Wednesday that six restaurants have agreed to open in its Pike & Rose development that is replacing the old Mid-Pike Plaza.
Here’s the line-up, per a release from Federal:
• Del Frisco’s Grille, which opened on Pennsylvania Avenue in the District last summer.
• Protein Bar, a Chicago concept with three locations locally and blended drinks that include “Comiskey Cocoa” and “Millennium Perk.”
• Roti, fast Mediterranean food that is suddenly all over the region, with 11 locations. Roti will face Old Georgetown Road.
• ShopHouse Southeast Asian Kitchen: Asian food by Chipotle.
• Two yet-unnamed restaurants from the Lettuce Entertain You restaurant group, the folks behind Mon Ami Gabi, Wildfire, Big Bowl and Community Canteen. “One will be artisan pizza and the other will focus on new American cuisine with California influences. Both will highlight our deep appreciation for seasonal, locally sourced ingredients, and our commitment to delivering quality and craftsmanship,” Chef Jeff Mahin said.
Follow Jonathan O’Connell on Twitter: @oconnellpostbiz