The new version brings performance upgrades, faster browsing, and enhanced security and privacy features. IE10 is available immediately for download in 95 languages.
Here are the requirements for running IE10:
• A Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows RT PC.
• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
• RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
• Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
• Internet access (ISP fees might apply)
Currently, Microsoft says, Windows as a whole is the OS of around 700 million consumers. Switching to IE10 will reportedly bring a 20 percent performance boost for web browsing and a 60 percent increase in the browser’s support of modern web standards.
Advances like that have helped Internet Explorer gain a bit of ground in the ongoing browser wars. Currently, IE claims 55.14 percent of the global browser market, its highest share in more than a year.
Copyright 2013, VentureBeat