Just because it’s hot out doesn’t mean guys can’t look cool. This season’s bright colors, which star on shoes, chinos and shirts, make one of the best investments. Add to that groovy knit ties, the new-again summer suit (really!) plus slick bags and, dude, there’s no excuse to go on a style vacay this time of year.
2. Nantucket reds, meet Georgetown yellow in Bill Khaki’s shorts ($75, Sherman Pickey).
3. Leave wool monkey suits for fall and winter in Theory’s chinolike separates (pants, $235, jacket, shown on cover, $495, Lost Boys), worn with Band of Outsider’s checked shirt ($265, Lost Boys) and a rope belt ($50, Bloomingdale’s).
4. The ’60s (and the ’80s) redux on preppy-yet-hip knit neckwear like Land’s End Canvas’ navy/white and red/navy stripe numbers ($60 each, Canvas.landsend.com) and a navy Polo Ralph Lauren ($95, Bloomingdale’s).
5. Buh-bye, board shorts, hello retro, abbreviated Diesel trunks ($55, Bloomingdale’s). Shown with Jack Spade sweater ($225, Jack Spade).
6. Hues on first? From left to right: Cole Haan wing tips ($198, Colehaan.com), Sperry Topsider boat shoes ($90, Bloomingdale’s), purple boat shoes, red boat shoes and Cole Haan baby blue wing tips ($158 each and $198, Colehaan.com).
7. Stripe it colorful in Patagonia shorts ($59, South Moon Under), shown with a Michael Kors hoodie ($195, Bloomingdale’s).
8. Light pants by Elie Tahari look right for weekends ($178, Bloomingdale’s).
9. You can take it with you without overpacking in stylish totes including (clockwise from bag in model’s hands): a red duffle ($150, Canvas.landsend.com), L.L. Bean Signature tan carryall ($125, Llbean.com), tan bag ($525, Jack Spade) and navy L.L. Bean Signature bag ($175, LLbean.com).