How closely have you been paying attention to this year’s NFL season? At the halfway point, test your knowledge with this multiple-choice quiz. Answers are at the bottom of the quiz.
1. Four Broncos receivers have a chance at 1,000-yard seasons. Which one leads the team in receiving yards?
A) Eric Decker
B) Wes Welker
C) Demaryius Thomas
D) Julius Thomas
2. Adrian Peterson rushed for 2,097 yards last season, just eight yards off the single-season record. This year, the Vikings running back is second in the league in average yards per game (among qualified players). Who’s he behind?
A) Arian Foster, Texans
B) Alfred Morris, Redskins
C) Jamaal Charles, Chiefs
D) LeSean McCoy, Eagles
3. Two players from the same team have nine sacks or more each. Who are they?
A) The Rams’ Robert Quinn and Chris Long
B) The Ravens’ Terrell Suggs and Elvis Dumervil
C) The Texans’ J.J. Watt and Whitney Mercilus
D) The Chiefs’ Justin Houston and Tamba Hali
4. Which quarterback has the best winning percentage as a starter over the past two seasons?
A) Alex Smith, Chiefs
B) Colin Kaepernick, 49ers
C) Peyton Manning, Broncos
D) Tom Brady, Patriots
5. Lions receiver Calvin Johnson exploded for 329 yards last week against the Cowboys, the second-highest single-game receiving total in NFL history. Which receiver has the second-highest single-game receiving total of the season?
A) Dez Bryant, Cowboys (Week 2 vs. Chiefs)
B) Alshon Jeffery, Bears (Week 5 vs. Saints)
C) Harry Douglas, Falcons (Week 7 vs. Bucs)
D) A.J. Green, Bengals(Week 7 vs. Lions)
6. With 20 takeaways and just eight giveaways, what team has the best turnover margin in the NFL at plus-12?
7. At 10-19, which division has the worst combined win percentage in the NFL?
A) AFC South
B) AFC North
C) NFC East
D) NFC South
8. At 22-8, which division has the best combined win percentage in the NFL?
A) AFC East
B) AFC West
C) NFC North
D) NFC West
9. Tom Brady has a 74.9 passer rating (27th in the NFL). But he’s not the only Super Bowl-winning QB to be struggling. Which former champ has a worse passer rating than Brady?
A) Aaron Rodgers, Packers
B) Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers
C) Joe Flacco, Ravens
D) Eli Manning, Giants
10. With 34 pick sixes around the league, this has been the year of the defensive touchdown. Which player has three scores on defense (two interception returns, one fumble return)?
A) Tim Jennings, Bears
B) Adam Jones, Bengals
C) DeAngelo Hall, Redskins
D) Eric Berry, Chiefs
11. The undefeated Chiefs lead the NFL in scoring defense, allowing just 12.3 points a game. The team right behind them — allowing 13.7 points a game — may surprise you. Who is it?
12. Last year, Robert Griffin III led all QBs with 815 rushing yards and led the NFL in yards per carry. Which QB has the most rushing yards this year? (He also leads the league in yards per carry.)
A) Russell Wilson, Seahawks
B) Cam Newton, Panthers
C) Terrelle Pryor, Raiders
D) Michael Vick, Eagles
13. Who has a league-most two kickoff return touchdowns this season, including a 109-yarder last week.
A) Cordarrelle Patterson, Vikings
B) Devin Hester, Bears
C) Trindon Holliday, Broncos
D) Jacoby Ford, Raiders
14. The winless Jaguars have lost each game by double digits. How many total points have they been outscored by this year?
15. Who leads the NFL in receiving touchdowns, having already matched his single-season high?
A) Calvin Johnson, Lions
B) Jordy Nelson, Packers
C) Larry Fitzgerald, Cardinals
D) Wes Welker, Broncos
16. Eli Manning has gone two straight games without throwing an interception, yet he still leads the league with 15 picks. Which veteran has thrown just one fewer interception than the Giants QB?
A) Jay Cutler, Bears
B) Matt Schaub, Texans
C) Matt Ryan, Falcons
D) Carson Palmer,Cardinals
17. Who is the only running back with more than 100 carries to have a yards-per-rush average above 5.0?
A) Matt Forte, Bears
B) Alfred Morris, Redskins
C) LeSean McCoy, Eagles
D) Arian Foster, Texans
18. Who is the only team in the NFL that hasn’t scored a rushing touchdown all year?
19. Peyton Manning is on pace to shatter the NFL single-season record for passing touchdowns. At his current pace, how many touchdowns will he throw this year?
20. How many current division leaders made the playoffs last year?
Answers (below in white, highlight to see)
1. C; 2. D; 3. D; 4. A; 5. B; 6. D; 7. A; 8. B; 9. D; 10. C; 11. C; 12. C; 13. A; 14. B; 15. D; 16. D; 17. B; 18. C; 19. B; 20. B
Congrats; now make plans to experience the outside world this Sunday.
You watch an acceptable amount of football. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
Study the ones you got wrong and blurt out some useless knowledge to your friends.
We’d like to apologize for wasting 10 minutes of your life you’ll never get back.