Wait times at Rose’s Luxury and Room 11 can reach up to three hours. Don’t have that kind of time? Here are recipes provided by the restaurants that you can recreate at home.
Roasted Cauliflower from Room 11
1 head of Cauliflower
13 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup tahini
3/8 cup water
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Pinch of kosher salt
Pinch of paprikaOlive oil
1. Cut cauliflower into florets. Toss with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet and roast in a 450-degree oven for
14 minutes or until brown on the edges, stirring midway through.
2. Place garlic in the base of a small saucepan. Top with olive oil until cloves are completely submerged. Cook on very low heat for about 40 minutes or until cloves are soft and slightly browned.
3. Blend one very small garlic clove, grated with tahini, water, fresh lemon juice, a pinch each of kosher salt and smoked paprika.
4. Toss cauliflower with confit garlic cloves (reserve oil for other uses — it’s awesome in a vinaigrette). Top with tahini dressing. Serve with a lemon wedge and sprinkles of paprika and parsley.
Source: Room 11
Strawberry Pasta from Rose’s Luxury
1 can San Marzano tomatoes
1 pint strawberries
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp crushed chili flake
Pinch of sugar
Big splash olive oil
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
1. Stew together tomatoes and strawberries for about 30 minutes on medium-low, until reduced a little.
2. Add salt, crushed chili flake, pinch of sugar and big splash of olive oil.
3. Blend slightly with immersion blender and finish with fresh cracked pepper.
4. Serve over spaghetti.
Source: Rose’s Luxury