- Hours before the St. Louis Rams played the Cleveland Browns, one Twitter user promised to buy beers for the world for eternity if St. Louis’ Michael Sam sacked Cleveland’s Johnny Manziel and then threw out the money sign. And then the sack happened. Twice.
Rams vs Browns tonight. If Michael Sam sacks Johnny Football & gives the money sign, drinks are on me. For everyone in the world. Forever.
— FISHER KING (@SquareKnight) August 23, 2014
- The eighth season of “Doctor Who” kicked off with a new Doctor, played by Peter Capaldi. And it was pretty great.
- Police have returned a life-size statue of President Barack Obama that went missing from its owner’s northeastern Pennsylvania porch and was found a few days later reclining on a nearby park bench with a six-pack of Twisted Tea.
- The potential Mars One program hopes to launch 24 people to Mars with the task of settling the planet — all while cameras document the experiment in the ultimate reality TV show.
- A 40-year-old woman tackled a 20-year-old man fleeing police in Washington state, then taunted him about being taken down by a grandmother.
- The latest ad campaign from Pizza Hut Japan is a mini-web series of sorts called “Pizza Cat!” The campaign follows the daily grind in a Pizza Hut location run entirely by cats.
- A fire that destroyed tons of potato salad didn’t stop the Toledo, Ohio, area’s German American Festival from serving up the homemade side dish this weekend.
Read more of our viral news roundups: