Bethesda Library

Located in the old Bethesda Bank Building at Wisconsin Ave. and Edgemoor Lane, the first Bethesda public library, the Newcomb-Bethesda Library was established in 1931. The library, which opened with 600 books, closed in 1936.A public library reopened in Bethesda in 1940 in the basement of Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. The present day Montgomery County Public Library system was later established, and Bethesda Library joined the county system in 1952. The Bethesda Library moved into its current location at 7400 Arlington Road in 1976.
Mon. to Thurs.
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fri.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sat.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sun.
CLOSED (Sunday hours will resume in the fall)
(Bethesda)
Bethesda (Red Line)
240-777-0970
10/28

Young adult romances

Martina Boone will discuss her novel "Compulsion," Wendy Higgins will discuss "Sweet Reckoning," Kimberley Griffiths Little will discuss "Forbidden" and Jessica Spotswood will discuss "Sisters' Fate"