Bethesda Library

Located in the old Bethesda Bank Building at Wisconsin Ave. and Edgemoor Lane, the first Bethesda public library, the Newcomb-Bethesda Library was established in 1931. The library, which opened with 600 books, closed in 1936.A public library reopened in Bethesda in 1940 in the basement of Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. The present day Montgomery County Public Library system was later established, and Bethesda Library joined the county system in 1952. The Bethesda Library moved into its current location at 7400 Arlington Road in 1976.
Mon. to Thurs.
10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Fri.
10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sat.
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sun.
CLOSED (Sunday hours will resume in the fall)
(Bethesda)
Bethesda (Red Line)
240-777-0970
9/4

Meet teen authors: Sarah Maas, Leah Cypress and Jennifer Armentrout

For all ages, the authors of the "Throne of Glass" series, "Mistwood," and "Don't Look Back," respectively will discuss their latest works for teen readers