Historic Savage Mill

'

Editorial Review

The site was a working textile mill from 1822 to 1947. The 175,000-square-foot complex of buildings in Howard County is now home to antiques centers, home-furnishing stores, craft galleries, artist studios, specialty shops and the Rams Head Tavern restaurant. The Bollman Truss bridge on the grounds of the mill is the last standing semi-suspension bridge of its type.

-- The Guide 2007 (April 26, 2007)