Marietta House Museum

Historic Site
'

Editorial Review

Marietta Plantation was the home of U.S. Supreme Court Justice Gabriel Duvall, who built the place around 1812 and made major additions in 1832. His root cellar and law office also survive. Marietta House now serves as the headquarters of the Prince George's County Historical Society and is furnished to illustrate the lifestyles of three generations of Duvalls from 1815 to 1900.

-- Hank Burchard