Ratcliffe-Allison House and Pozer Garden

Historic Site
'

Editorial Review

The museum includes an 1812 one-room brick tenement house with 1824, 1870 and 1890 additions, plus an adjoining 1927 frame house. Maintained by Historic Fairfax City, the museum interprets the daily activities of some of its occupants and illustrates commercial and domestic change along Main Street during the 19th and 20th centuries. The structure is furnished with period pieces collected by the late Kitty Pozer, for whom the associated garden is named. Pozer deeded the house to the city in 1973. The house is open to the public during special events and during walking tours offered during the spring and fall.