Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD13-63
Position Title: Accountant I
Division/Department: Finance Property Fund
Location of Job: Kensington
This position is responsible for the real estate accounting of residential communities including bank reconciliations, analysis of accounts payable, receivable, general ledger and subsidiary records. Will prepare financial statements and reports. .Will monitor and analyze financial programs in preparation of year-end closing, resolve coding problems, answer inquires from other staff and outside agencies. Assist other accounting team members. Provide analysis and support to HOC staff, as required. Will also work as liaison with property auditors, as well as Federal, State and County auditors.
· Requires a Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field.
· Requires minimum of one year accounting experience.
· Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines
· Ability to perform analysis and interpret financial data to solve accounting problems.
· Spreadsheet and automated accounting experience also required.
· Must possess excellent written & oral communication skills.
· Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Minimum Starting Salary: $41,445
Position Number and Grade: FG42, Grade 19
Drivers License: Not required
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Posting Date: October 1, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of Posting Date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.