Housing Opportunities Commission of Montgomery County
Announcement Number: PD14-13
Position Title: Disbursement Supervisor
Location of Job: Kensington
Description: This position will supervise and monitor the daily operations of the Accounts Payable Department. Review, analyze and make the necessary improvements and updates to the Accounts Payable system and processes; review all entered invoices for accuracy and timely payments either by checks, wires, ACH or other modes of payment for general disbursement, HCV Program, Rent Supplement, Transitional Housing and other bank accounts; review vendor statements with staff; perform related banking functions such as positive pay, check verification and stop payment; analysis and reconciliation of AP general ledger and subsidiary accounts; issue 1099s to vendors and landlords and respond to IRS 1099-related inquiries; staff supervision including performance appraisals, training and other personnel matters..
· Requires Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field or equivalent experience
· Requires a minimum of four years of accounts payable experience.
· Requires a minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience.
· Must have knowledge of accounting principles and account payable practices and procedure;
· Must have Ability to supervise and train subordinates;
· Must have good communication skills both verbally and in writing;
· Must have experience with spreadsheets and automated accounting systems; familiarity with on-line banking system a plus
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted. Low income residents in Montgomery County with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
HOC conducts criminal background checks, employment reference checks, and where applicable, reviews driving records in determining suitability for employment. Selected applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. Employment is contingent upon drug and alcohol test results.
Eligible Applicants: Unlimited
Position Number and Grade: FG37, Grade23
Drivers License: Required
Financial Disclosure: Not Required
Posting Date: February 19, 2013
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume or application to the Human Resources Office. Please reference the Position Title and Position Number on your resume and/or cover letter when applying for this position.
PLEASE NOTE: HOC Career and Term employees must submit employment applications within 5 business days of posting date in order to receive first consideration.
HOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.