The EMMES Corporation, organized in 1977, is a privately owned Contract Research Organization (CRO) located in Rockville, Maryland. EMMES is dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems development, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in clinical and biomedical research. EMMES is seeking a Clinical Information Technology/Common Data Elements Specialist.
The Clinical Information Technology/Common Data Elements Specialist works closely with the NINDS and scientific, logistical and administrative support staff from the neurology-specific Disease Committees to develop standardized data collection terminology for use on sponsored clinical trials. Duties will include maintaining website components, making database changes and adding new material, creating and retrieving reports from the database, communicating with website programming staff, and providing assistance to research staff using the NINDS Common Data Elements website.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Communicates effectively with the NINDS team members and IT staff
· Develops and distributes technical meeting agenda, reports, and materials
· Makes updates to the Common Data Elements database and website
· Bachelors degree (in a scientific discipline preferred) with two years of professional experience in a scientific or health related position or Masters degree (in a science or health related discipline preferred) in lieu of professional experience
· Proficiency with web-based searching methodology
· Familiarity with relational database design and website development
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
· Strong organizational, time management, and administrative skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize various ongoing projects
· Superior verbal and written communication skills: professionalism, accountability and customer service
· Experience with clinical research preferred
· Ability to work independently as a member of a unified team
· Familiarity with medical terminology specific to neurologic disorders will be beneficial
· Heavy focus on data conversion and data integration, inspections and reporting
· Review, analyze and document data and workflow processes
· Implement data models and database design
· Assist with ad-hoc reports if needed
· Requires 3 years of experience developing relational database applications
· 3 years of experience creating scripts in a development environment, testing scripts in a quality assurance environment and implementing large data updates into production databases
· Design, develop and maintain web-based business process and database applications
· Analyze, define and document interfaces with other systems and audit trails
· Write and maintain functional and technical specifications
· Analyze code for problem resolution and performance optimizations
· Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions
· Provide technical support for third party using website applications
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· At least 3 years of experience developing relational database applications with ACCESS
· At least 2 years of experience using a change management system
· Demonstrate ability to work as part of an application development team; create task lists, timelines and deliverables, work to meet project schedules determined by others
EMMES has an outstanding benefits package including: generous tuition reimbursement, professional development and training programs.
*For immediate consideration please submit your resume and apply directly through the company website at www.emmes.com.
Please visit our website at www.emmes.com for additional information on our company, studies and history.
CONNECT WITH US!!
Follow us on Twitter - @EMMESCorp
Find us on LinkedIn - The EMMES Corporation
EMMES is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V