Qualified applicants would have experience with the following essential job functions:
* Coaches individuals in the development of living and social skills, including providing person care assistance.
* Converses with individuals to reinforce positive behaviors and to promote social interaction.
* Administers medications in compliance with agency's policies.
* Documents consumer progress by maintaining documentation in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
* Participates in the development of individual vocational and behavioral planning.
* Participates in the person centered planning process and works toward targeted goals to achieve a high level of individual's satisfaction and results.
* Records, analyzes and reports results of individual community involvement in a professional and timely manner.
* Ensures volunteer sites are accessible and in compliance with health/safety standards of this agency and all regulatory bodies.
* Works collaboratively with all adjunct specialists (behaviorist, recreation therapist) and participates hands on in all activities including recreation activities, art groups and horticulture.
* Follows CR Health, Safety, and Emergency guidelines.
* Intervenes in crisis.
* Transports consumers as needed.
Must have a High School diploma and a minimum of one year working with individual with intellectual disabilities, preferably in a day program. Knowledge of behavioral supports a plus. Must be CPR and First Aid certified. Must have a valid drivers license and good driving record. Needs to demonstrate ability to work professionally, courteously and effectively with people.