The Director, Donor Engagement is responsible for fund development and managing donor relations with a focus on individual and corporate gifts of $10,000 or more. The Director will build strong personal and organizational relationships with donors and develop a prospect file to identify all giving opportunities, including annual operating support, event sponsorships, capital campaigns, and support for specific projects. He/She will develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, and solicit gifts, and will serve a primary relationship manager for a portfolio of major donors.
· Meet personal and organizational fundraising goals. Develop and manage a donor portfolio of prospects and participate in direct solicitation of funds, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations.
· Develop and service a portfolio of 50-100 major gift donors and prospects including trustees and capital campaign prospects, including preparing for and managing meetings, communications, moves management, and cultivation activities.
· Grow and manage a Corporate Council of 25+ major corporate donors, including preparing for and managing meetings, communications, and special events.
· Generate innovative ideas and solutions that engage donors and increase donor retention. Manage successful stewardship of major contributors to ensure maximum retention of major donors and supporters.
· Prepare proposals, stewardship reports, correspondence, and special acknowledgements to donors in coordination with the appropriate members of the development team.
· Utilize the Salesforce database platform as the primary resource for managing donor relationships, building a donor pipeline, and reporting.
· Represent the PenFed Foundation at internal and external events as appropriate. This may include but not be limited to cultivation events, dinners and galas, donor and prospect meetings, professional industry gatherings, and speaking engagements.
· Work with fellow staff to ensure a donor-centered and effective approach to our work and workplace culture.
· Develop professional relationships with staff throughout the organization.
· Understand and endorse the mission and values of The PenFed Foundation.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience / Requirements
· Bachelors Degree required, with 3+ years of leadership-level fundraising and communications experience in philanthropic and/or non-profit settings.
· Demonstrated success in soliciting and closing leadership level gifts required.
· Experience working on successful fundraising campaigns of $5 million or more preferred.
· Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and results.
· Attention to detail and the ability to efficiently coordinate and work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Experience planning and executing successful donor-centered events.
· Experience with fundraising databases, Salesforce experience preferred.
· Experience managing and supporting staff and volunteers to achieve goals.
· Ability to travel, as needed.
· Ability to work nights and weekends.
· Personal military experience or experience working with military and/or veterans organizations preferred.
We can offer you:
Health, dental, prescription drug, and vision coverage
Flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified medical and dependent care out-of-pocket expenses
Tuition assistance - Company paid short- and long-term disability coverage
Company paid life insurance
Business casual attire
Immediate enrollment in 401(k) plan with employer match after 6 months
You do not need a security clearance but you must pass a credit and criminal background check.
Pentagon Federal Credit Union values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. m/f/v/d