MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST & APPOINTMENT SCHEDULER
To apply, please submit your resume as indicated below
with a cover letter or application statement specific to
the position. Include salary requirements.
Hello, and thank you for your interest in a position with our company!
Our busy surgical practice in Falls Church, VA continues to grow and has an immediate opening for a qualified Medical Receptionist and Appointment Scheduler in its Vascular Center. This position reports to the Vascular Center Nurse Manager and is generally responsible for greeting patients/customers, providing information, communicating with other departments, conducting patient check-in/out, answering phones and scheduling appointments.
Duties & Essential Functions:
· Responds to incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner.
· Schedules, reschedules, confirms and cancels patient appointments.
· Informs scheduled patient of necessary paperwork required for the appointment.
· Mails (same day) or hands out paper work to all patients.
· Greets patients in a prompt, courteous and professional manner and checks them into computer system.
· Ensures all appropriate registrations forms are complete, accurate and signed accordingly.
· Checks patients out and schedules any necessary future appointments.
· Ensures premises are kept clean and tidy.
· Performs other related duties as required such as copying, receiving and faxing.
· Required to participate in staff and educational meetings.
Education & Experience:
REQUIRED. High school diploma. Minimum one year of experience in a customer service setting.
PREFERRED. High school diploma plus two years of college. At least one year of receptionist experience in a healthcare/medical office setting and experience with office equipment. Courses in medical terminology, healthcare office management or billing/coding.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of reception tasks, clinic policies/procedures and paperwork.
· Knowledge of how to use office equipment, including phone, computer & printer.
· Knowledge and application of customer service concepts and techniques.
· Skill in using office equipment and handling paperwork.
· Ability to communicate clearly in person and on the phone and establish/maintain cooperative relationship with patients, families, physicians, staff and other customers.
· Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively.
· Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions and file correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems.
Key Words: receptionist, medical receptionist, cardiovascular, medical office, medical assistant, appointment scheduler.
Qualified candidates may apply online or...
by fax to 703-232-1764, or
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
by U.S. mail to
CVTSA Medical Receptionist/Appointment Scheduler
1069 W Broad Street, Suite 901
Falls Church, Virginia 22046
Resumes submitted without a cover letter or application statement specific to the position and including salary requirements will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!