|FULCRUM IT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Virtualization Engineer (WINS) (JB)
FLSA Status: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Clearance: TS/SCI w/CI Poly
Location: Fairfax, VA
Manager: Program Manager
Summary: The Virtualization Engineer is a systems engineer with networking experience responsible for assessment, implementation, conversion of physical servers, and management of the virtualized infrastructure. This individual should have experience in dealing with clients at all levels.
Travel up to 25%.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Managing diagnosis and assessment activities and executing technical program/action plans
2. Working with technology infrastructure (overall as well as security, networks, and desktop) and technology architecture (overall as well as mobility, portals, and information management)
3. Validate technology requirements will allow modeling and address issues such as performance and security
4. Ensure high level design supports a robust technology solution, taking into account the user requirements, technical requirements, etc. (e.g., solution architecture)
5. Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail
6. Ability to multitask, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
7. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of organization.
8. Implement, Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current.
9. Implement and manage technology design, capacity assessments, build, test and deployment activities.
10. Troubleshoot and performance tune technology products.
11. Other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field or 5 years of work experience preferred.
• Experience: Minimum of 1 year production implementation experience in Virtualization - Architecture/Engineering & Deployment, with strong skills in virtualization infrastructure technologies.
Minimum of 1 year prior engineering experience on High Technology projects. Experience should include technical skills and real-world experience with one or more of the following virtualization and data center technologies and related best practices for delivery:
o VMware ESX Servers (ESX 2.x, 3.x & vSphere), Vmotion, Cloning, Resource Pools, Snapshots, VM performance monitoring, network configuration, storage configuration, HA vMotion and DRS.
o Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Windows 2003 server or later
o Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems and architectures.
o Server and desktop hardware architectures and systems
o Storage architectures and systems including storage virtualization and consolidation
o Troubleshooting and tuning of virtualized infrastructure
• Clearance: TS/SCI w/CI Poly
• US Passport: Not required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experienced in large scale network security design, deployment and support
• Hands on experience in installing, deploying, documenting, and troubleshooting network perimeter security technologies such as firewalls, proxy servers, intrusion prevention/detection (IDS/IPS), antivirus, antimalware, anti-spam and unified threat management (UTM).
• Knowledge of security compliance policy, programs, processes, and metrics
• Knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Protection and Privacy
• Knowledge of Internal audit and corrective action plans for information protection and security
• Knowledge of network engineering concepts
• Experience with leading or mentoring a team of network security practitioners
• Experience with security engineering, including security testing and evaluation, certification and accreditation, or penetration testing
• Strong Networking background combined with Strong Security
Desired or Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• VCP Certification
• Knowledge of network design. LAN/WAN protocols, network troubleshooting, network switching and network equipment, including routing, switching, and hardware infrastructure.
• Capability to configure and troubleshoot network equipment, and identify and resolve hardware/software/network malfunctions.
• Security+ certification or any approved certification demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of applying basic security principles.
• Experience with virtual machine sizing, capacity assessments, storage and networking requirements.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Visio.
• Backup and Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity architectures and best practices for Virtualization environments
• Hands on experience with one or more of the following virtualization related technologies or tools:
o Conversion of Production Physical servers to Virtual Machines using VMware convertor or other vendor's conversion tool
o VMware View/VDI
o Microsoft Hyper-V
• Familiarization with Systems Development Lifecycle a plus.
Fulcrum IT Services is an information technology (IT) company based in Manassas, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum IT specializes in the areas of Enterprise Services, Applications Development, Data Management, Cyber Security, and Intelligence Analysis.
Fulcrum IT is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V