Sales and Marketing Associate
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO)
Forbes: Ranked one of the 200 Best Small Companies
Vault.com: Listed among Top 50 Consulting Firms
Modern Healthcare: Best Places to Work
Finalist, Washington Business Journal's Business Philanthropy Awards
Modern Healthcare: Listed among the Largest Healthcare Management Consultants
The Advisory Board Company
The Advisory Board Company (NASDAQ: ABCO) is a global research, consulting, and technology firm helping hospital and university executives to better serve patients and students. We provide strategic guidance, actionable insights, web-based software solutions, and comprehensive implementation and management services. We combine the analytical, managerial, and technological expertise of our 1,600+ employees around the world with insights from the on-the-ground experience of our network of 125,000 leaders at 3,200 health care and higher education member organizations to find solutions to our partners most pressing challenges. We deeply appreciate the trust that our members place in us, and we seek to serve them with generosityand beyond expectationin all that we do.
As an entry-level salaried sales position, the Marketing Associate will support a Marketing Director and be responsible for day-to-day interactions with our prospective members in either the health care or higher education industry. Marketing Associates, as part of a larger team, play a major role in the firms business development efforts, from establishing initial contact with members and potential members to facilitating follow up activities that lead to new business opportunities. The Marketing Associate role is based in Washington, DC and San Francisco, CA.
Business Development/Sales Activities
· Identify and target prospective members through strategic planning and execution.
· Communicate with prospective members including C-suite executives and university leadership using effective outreach methods via email and phone.
· Schedule sales meetings and appointments for Marketing Director with prospective members to achieve weekly and monthly goals.
· Prepare background material and market research in preparation for all sales meetings and appointments.
· Manage post-sales meeting follow such as finalizing membership agreements, scheduling follow up calls and assisting with other business activities.
· Maintain internal database to track key performance metrics and marketing activities.
Strategy and Outreach Activities
· Develop knowledge of the assigned industry and corresponding executive priorities to assist in opportunity identification.
· Create a strategic outreach plan with Marketing Director to target prospective members through market segmentation for a pool of organizations.
· Develop targeted campaigns for recruitment to annual prospect events and strategic marketing events.
Administrative Support Activities
· Own calendaring and administrative responsibilities for Marketing Director.
· Arrange inter and intra-department meetings and communication.
· Manage special projects as necessary.
· Bachelors Degree
· Excellent academic record
· Must possess at least two of the following:
· Leadership experience
· Customer service experience
· Experience working in a team environment
· Sales or fundraising experience
· Experience in an office setting
· Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
· Ability to communicate by e-mail and phone with senior executives
· Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities while working towards an established goal
· Ability to overcome challenges or obstacles in the moment
· Proven persuasive experience
· Attention to detail
For candidates looking to start in the Summer of 2014 or later, please apply online at https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/7480/sales-and-marketing-associate-%28full-time-starting-summer-2014%29/job
For immediate candidates, please apply online at https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/7389/sales-and-marketing-associate/job
Benefits: Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package, including a comprehensive health plan, a 401(k) plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, a daytime leave policy for community service, a medical flexible spending account, and additional attractive benefits.
An Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer