This position is located in our VA, Fairfax facilityGeneral Dynamics Information Technology has an opening for an Program Manager (Satellite) in Fairfax, VA or Rockville, MD.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of multiple, concurrent, science, engineering, and management projects in support of satellite and observing systems.
1. Manages and is responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area including technical work, financial and business development activities.
2. Supervises assigned technical and administrative staff, including subordinate supervisors, and performs personnel actions including hiring and performance evaluation.
3. Directs program activities to meet client and organization work objectives and serves as a liaison with clients to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems.
4. Responsible for profitability and revenue growth of assigned program(s).
5. Assures quality of program products, services, and deliverables, including participating in reviews, audits, and site visits.
6. Performs business development activities, including the preparation and review of technical and cost proposals.
7. Performs program financial management services, including financial analysis, budget and cost quote preparation, cost management, reconciliation, and profit enhancement.
8. Coordinates and monitors sub-contractor activities and administers subcontractor deliverables and finances.
9. Develops, reviews, and approves plans, schedules, consulting agreements and other program documents.
10. Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested.
11. Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Master's Degree in Atmospheric Science, Oceanography, other Physical Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or Mathematics.
Professional certification (PMP) preferred.
8-10 years of related experience, including supervisory experience in a Research and Development environment.
Experience with management of ID/IQ task order contracts.
A thorough grounding in the techniques of research, mathematical analysis, and scientific programming.
The work is typically performed in an office environment and at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
Some travel may be required.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).Click Here to Apply