This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
*This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance and Polygraph.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
• BA/BS in a scientific or technical discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Four or more years of related experience
• Strong hands on experience in Linux OS environment. Red Hat Enterprise preferred, and Microsoft Server (2003, 2008)
• Demonstrated experience with internet/networking technologies such as TCP/IP, SSH, SNMP, NTP, SYSLOG, FTP, HTTP, SSL
• Demonstrated experience support DNS, or LDAP, along with the selection deployment O&M and monitoring of hardware (servers, load balancers, SANs, KVMs, etc...)
• Experience with VMware vSphere/vCenter or related virtual technologies
• Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, tact and ability to work independently and as a team member
• Strong interpersonal communication, organizational and planning skills (Writing, verbal, and briefing)
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, short deadlines, competing priorities, maintain sound relationships with customers, stakeholders and other mission partners to meet tactical and strategic goals
• Microsoft certification
• Red hat certification
• Experience performing administrative tasks such as scripting, automation, and system performance tuning
• Familiarity with Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls
• Experience with system monitoring and alerting tools (such as Tivoli, Netcool, SCOM, Nagios, etc..)Click Here to Apply