This position is located in our DE, Dover AFB facility
***THIS POSITION IS NOT CURRENTLY FUNDED AND IS TIED TO A PENDING GDIT PROGRAM AWARD***
Leads contract support workforce and provides subject matter expertise for the Armed Forces Medical Examiner. In addition to the unique clinical laboratory management skills described below, duties include the following
1. Acts as technical liaison with customers and sponsors, to include the preparation and presentation of high-level technical information.
2. Interprets, organizes, and coordinates overall project assignments within an assigned scientific functional area.
3. Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods of approach for projects and organizes means to achieve the solution of problems.
4.Recommends necessary corrections in technical analyses and design to ensure successful project completion.
5. Specifies equipment, materials and suppliers required for completion and implementation of projects.
6. Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide or build required services, supplies, or equipment.
7. Supervise and provide leadership oversight to administrative and professional staff assigned.
8. Demonstrates creative ability through problem solving, or technical papers and articles.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
10. Champion efforts to identify, analyze, and implement efficiencies to improve overall operational program performance.
11. Maintain responsibility to implement and enforce quality control and security standards.
12. Oversees the following aspects of Financial Management:
o Capital equipment acquisition
o Cost analysis
o Materials management: Inventory control
o Materials management: purchasing
13. Oversees the following aspects of Operations Management:
o Data management
o Facilities management
o Information Technology
o Intra/Interdepartmental relations
o Procurement of laboratory equipment
o Quality control program management
o Regulatory compliance
o Performance improvement
o Risk management/medical legal issues
14. Oversees the following aspects of Personnel Management:
o Counseling/disciplinary action
o Education and training/continuing education
o Performance standards/evaluations
o Personnel negotiations
Master's Degree in a scientific discipline.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in chemistry, biology, immunology, microbiology, allied health, clinical laboratory sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university, AND three years full time acceptable clinical laboratory experience in chemistry in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years. These three years of experience must be acquired post baccalaureate degree.
- Doctorate in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university, AND two years of post-doctoral fellowship in clinical chemistry in the U.S. or Canada or two years of full time acceptable clinical laboratory management in the U.S., Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years. These two years of experience must be acquired post baccalaureate.
- MT/MLS(ASCP) certification, AND a doctorate in Chemistry, Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Allied Health, Clinical Laboratory Sciences, or an appropriately related field, from a regionally accredited college/university, AND two years full-time laboratory management experience in the U.S. or Canada or an accredited laboratory* within the last ten years.
*Laboratory accredited by a CMS approved accreditation organization (i.e., AABB, CAP, COLA, DNV, Joint Commission with preference to ASCLD/LAB and ISO 17025)
10-15 years of related experience in scientific research, analysis and/or engineering. Experience working in a DoD medical laboratory with strong preference to experience in the Office of the Armed Forces Medical Examiner.
Clinical laboratory management experience within the last ten years in eight of the below procedures listed (in order of priority):
• DNA Sequencing
• Identity resolution and DNA identification
• Gas Chromatography (GC)
• Mass Spectroscopy (MS)
• High performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
• Molecular Microbiology or Pathology
• Blood gases
• Heme compounds
• Non-protein nitrogen compounds
• Therapeutic drug monitoring
• Point-of-care Click Here to Apply