This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
The Virtualization Engineer is a systems engineer with networking experience responsible for assessment, implementation, conversion of physical servers, and management of the Virtualized infrastructure. This individual should have experience in dealing with clients at all levels.
The candidate will have the following responsibilities:
• Managing diagnosis and assessment activities and executing technical program/action plans
• Working with technology infrastructure (overall as well as security, networks, and desktop)
• Validate technology requirements will allow modeling and address issues such as performance and security
• Ensure high level design supports a robust technology solution, taking into account the user requirements,
technical requirements, etc. (e.g., solution architecture)
• Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail
• Ability to multitask, prioritizing multiple objectives and initiatives.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of
• Implement, Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is
• Implement and manage technology design, capacity assessments, build, test and deployment activities.
• Troubleshoot and performance tune technology products.
The candidate must have the following minimal qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field or 5 years of work
• Minimum of 1 year production implementation experience in Virtualization - Architecture/Engineering &
Deployment, with strong skills in Virtualization infrastructure technologies.
• Minimum of 1 year prior engineering experience on High Technology projects. Experience should include
technical skills and real-world experience with one or more of the following Virtualization and data center
technologies and related best practices for delivery:
o VMware ESX and ESXi Servers (ESX 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x & vSphere), Vmotion, Cloning, Resource Pools, Snapshots,
VM performance monitoring, network configuration, storage configuration, HA vMotion and DRS.
o Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Windows 2003 server or later
o Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems and architectures.
o Server and desktop hardware architectures and systems
o Storage architectures and systems including storage Virtualization and consolidation
o Troubleshooting and tuning of Virtualized infrastructure
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• VCP Certification
• VMmare View/VDI experience a plus
• Knowledge of network design. LAN/WAN protocols, network troubleshooting, network switching and network equipment, including routing, switching, and hardware infrastructure.
• Capability to configure and troubleshoot network equipment, and identify and resolve hardware/software/network malfunctions.
• Security+ certification or any approved certification demonstrating working knowledge and understanding of applying basic security principles.
• Experience with virtual machine sizing, capacity assessments, storage and networking requirements.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Visio.
• Backup and Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity architectures and best practices for Virtualization
• Hands on experience with one or more of the following virtualization related technologies or tools:
o Conversion of Production Physical servers to Virtual Machines using VMware convertor or other vendor's
o Familiarization with Systems Development Lifecycle a plus.Click Here to Apply