This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Performs a variety of technical and administrative assignments associated with implementing, configuring, monitoring and maintaining the operational status of a variety of computers, computer systems, and computer platforms. Some of the activities involved may include system viability checks, log analysis, problem analysis and resolution, troubleshooting hardware and software problems and responding to ad hoc trouble class from users. Administrator may install, update and patch computer operating systems on Linux, UNIX or Windows platforms. Administrator may be required to integrate user applications with existing systems, configure the application server, and configure and enhance server security.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
*This position requires an active TS/SCI Security Clearance and Polygraph.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
Specific skills and experience necessary for the successful accomplishment of this role may include the following:
•Proficiency in Linux/UNIX/Windows XP/2000/7/Vista as an administrator
•Working experience with virtualization technologies (VMware Infrastructure, VMware Player/Workstation, VDI)
•Ability to troubleshoot and debug medium to complex technical issues
•Ability to work independently and as a team member in a dynamic environment
•Comfortable supporting users in a help desk environment/customer service orientated
•Network and computer security/intrusion detection experience
•Experience with the implementation and/or administration of Local Area Networks.
•Working knowledge of networking concepts and services (TCP/IP, Active Directory, SSH, DNS, LDAP)
•Familiarity with data communications concepts, standard software application and electronic mail necessary
•Strong oral & written communication skills
8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.Click Here to Apply