This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Apply electronic theory and related knowledge, usually under the direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, calibrate and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls and machinery for subsequent evaluation and use by engineering staff in making engineering design decisions. Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
Responsible for ensuring that the test design and documentation support all applicable client sponsor's or industry standards time lines. Responsible for ensuring that testing conclusions and recommendations are fully supported by test results, and project managers are fully informed of testing status and application deviations from documented user requirements. Prepares milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system test and evaluations concepts to colleagues, subordinates and end user representatives.
Test engineering tasks may include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for software or IT systems.
• Review user application system requirement documentation
• Design, define and document unit and application test plans
• Transform test plans into test scripts and executes those scripts
• Direct and/or participate in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tool selection.
• Coordinate with other team members to ensure problem solution, appropriate risk reduction, and user satisfaction.
• Make recommendations, if needed on test and evaluation strategies for major systems installations.
• Conduct software compatibility tests with programs, hardware, operating systems or network environments.
• Create or maintain databases of known test defects.
• Design test plans, scenarios, scripts of procedures
• Deign or develop automated testing tools
• Develop or specify standards, methods, or procedures to determine product quality or release readiness.
• Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, effort or bug retests, or usability.
• Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers.
• Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes.
• Document test procedures to ensure reliability and compliance with standards
• Evaluate or recommend software for testing or bug tracking
• Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest modifications to ensure compliance.
• Identify, analyzes and document problems with program function, outputs, online screen, or content
• Install and configure recreations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance
• Install, maintain or use software testing programs.
• Investigate customer problems referred by technical support.
• Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem free operation.
• Participate in product design reviews to provide input or functional requirements, product designs, schedules or potential problems
• Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs or code pieces to determine breakdown source.
• Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
• Provide feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality.
• Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
• Update automated test scripts to ensure currency
• Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
• Coordinate user or third party testing
• Conduct historical analyses of test results
• Provide technical support during software installation or configuration
• Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance or completeness or to mitigate risks.
• Experience in VMWare view and Vsphere, ESX server, Linux, Windows
Participates in special projects as required.
This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance and Polygraph.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related experience.Click Here to Apply