This position is located in our MD, Bethesda facility
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
At least 8 years relevant experience in experience in the design, development, and implementation of real time acoustic signal processing algorithms required.
Practical experience in the development of parallel processing implementations, signal processing and real-time data analysis systems or visualization/simulation required.
Able to demonstrate experience specifically relating to curriculum, upgrades, systems and maintenance in support of tactical Signature Guidance and training systems for NSWCCD, Code 70 required.Click Here to Apply