This position is located in our VA, Herndon facility
The customer needs a system engineer to identify and configure prototyping tools and technology. Active and candidate platforms are engaged in process improvement, standardization, consolidation, automation, digitization, elimination, and organizational realignment. Business changes introduce immediate and emerging requirements for integrated case management, knowledge management, workflow, telephony, customer relationship management, and performance management solutions that support cost analysis, performance measurement, business analytics, and data visualization.
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Plans upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
4. Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibility.
10. May serve as a technical team or task lead.
11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience.
• General knowledge of current technology landscape
• Knowledge of Scientific Linux and CentOS
• Understanding of Apache
• Understanding of Software testing
• Understanding of extract, transform and load (ETL)
• Knowledge of customer environment and processes
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Experience with Project Management Framework (PMF)
• Understanding of Agile methodologies
• Supported installation of software in the customer environment
• Training experience Click Here to Apply