This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems and various vendor applications
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
** TS/SCI with Polygraph Required
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
The candidate must have the following minimal qualifications:
• 5-8 years of directly related Windows OS experience in systems administration and analysis.
• Minimum of 1 year production implementation experience in Virtualization - Architecture/Engineering &
Deployment, with strong skills in Virtualization infrastructure technologies.
• Minimum of 1 year prior engineering experience on High Technology projects. Experience should include
technical skills and real-world experience with one or more of the following Virtualization and data center
technologies and related best practices for delivery:
o VMware ESX and ESXi Servers (ESX 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.x & vSphere), Vmotion, Cloning, Resource Pools, Snapshots,
VM performance monitoring, network configuration, storage configuration, HA vMotion and DRS.
o Strong knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Windows 2003 server or later
o Windows, Linux and UNIX operating systems and architectures.
o Server and desktop hardware architectures and systems
o Storage architectures and systems including storage Virtualization and consolidation
o Troubleshooting and tuning of Virtualized infrastructureClick Here to Apply