This position is located in our VA, McLean facility
Responsible for configuration and deployment of voice, and/or data communications networks.
1. Configure, test, install and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services.
2. Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network problems to resolution while minimizing downtime and customer impact.
3. Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
4. Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and evolution of customer's Network infrastructure. Manage timelines and resources with associated projects.
5. Produce network procedures and configuration guides for use by Network Engineering & Operations, promoting consistency across the network.
6. Work closely with cross-organizational teams on the implementation and deployment of new network services and technologies.
7. Must have experience with configuration, implementation and maintenance of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs.
8. Implementing new service enhancements within the production network.
9. Participate in 24x7 on call rotation.
10. Cisco or Juniper certifications a plus.
11. CONUS and possibly OCONUS travel.
12. May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
13. May perform network administration duties.
14. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
17. Ability to install and terminate copper and fiber cables as needed.
*This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance and Polygraph.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline. 2. Advanced degree preferred.
15-20 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design.
5-8 years of directly related experience in network configuration, installation and troubleshooting
Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, OSPF, Spanning-tree and other protocols are required.
Strong background in Cisco IOS, routers and switches and Juniper Firewalls required.
Good understanding of Network Security and Access Control Lists.
Must work well individually and in team environment.
Understanding of SONET, DWDM and Layer 4-7 switching are highly desirable.
** This position requires TS/SCI Clearance with Polygraph **Click Here to Apply