This position is located in our MD, Ft Meade facility
Analyzes user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies. Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology. Incorporates new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation. Develops system Architecture and system design documentation. Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Skill Level 1: The Level 1 System Engineer shall be able to perform all of the indicated tasks of a Level 0 plus all of the following indicated tasks:
• Participates in an Integrated Product Team to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
• Participates in the development of system engineering documentation, such as System Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements Specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
• Participates in interface definition, design, and changes to the configuration between affected groups and individuals throughout the life cycle.
• Allocates real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
• Derives from the system requirements and understanding of stakeholder needs, functions that may be logically inferred and implied as essential to system effectiveness.
• Derives lower-level requirements from higher-level allocated requirements that describe in detail the functions that a system component must fulfill, and ensure these requirements are complete, correct, unique, unambiguous, realizable, and verifiable.
• Generates alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
• Participates in establishing and gaining approval of the definition of a system or component under development (requirements, designs, interfaces, test procedures, etc.) that provides a common reference point for hardware and software developers.
• Defines the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
• Develops system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
• Develops derived requirements for Information Assurance Services (Confidentiality, Integrity, Non repudiation, and Availability); Basic Information Assurance Mechanisms (e.g., Identification, Authentication, Access Control, Accountability); and Security Mechanism Technology (Passwords, cryptography, discretionary access control, mandatory access control, hashing, key management, etc.).
• Reviews and provides input to program and contract work breakdown structure (WBS), work packages and the integrated master plan (IMP).
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.Click Here to Apply