This position is located in our MD, Bethesda facility
Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Leads the research and development of new software products and applications on the leading edge of established knowledge and standards.
2. Conceives, designs, prototypes, and tests new methods, algorithms, and models.
3. Defines architecture requirements and performance standards to meet or exceed management and customer specifications.
4. Identifies and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues.
5. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
6. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
7. Serves as the primary customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software engineers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
9. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
10. May provide expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree Preferred.
15-20 years of related software development experience.
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Physical Sciences, Computer Science, or related field and 12
years of experience in the field of technical program management within a complex government software developent . Should have at least 12 years experience in a) ASW/USW acoustic design and analysis, b) managing resources and
tasks within cost and schedule constraints, and c) scheduling complex deliveries for multiple fleet
ASW/USW customers.Click Here to Apply