This position is located in our VA, Springfield facility
Provides assistance to software development efforts for highly specialized analytical tools developed by industry vendors and government mission partners such as: Boeing SMSi Twister (NSA GOTS: SEEKER), IBM DataStage, IBM Identity Insight, Anonymous Resolution, COGNOS, Guardium, and Sentiment Analysis software.
Analyzes and develops software systems possessing a wide range of capabilities, including numerous engineering, business and records management functions. Develops plans for automated information systems from project inception to conclusion including systems requirements determination. Designs subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation.
Performs software tuning, analyze workload and computer usage, maintain interfaces with outside systems, analyze downtimes, analyze proposed system modifications, upgrades and new COTS. Defines the problem, and develops system requirements and program specifications, from which programmers prepare detailed flow charts, programs, and tests. Ensures proper implementation of program and system specifications through close coordination with programmers. Develops system alternative solutions.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related software development experience.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications
• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations, capabilities, performance requirements, interfaces
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met
• Develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures
• Monitor functioning of equipment to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications
• Store, retrieve, and manipulate data for analysis of system capabilities and requirements.
• Confer with data processing and project managers to obtain information on limitations and capabilities for data processing projectsClick Here to Apply