Prior NIH experience is highly preferred
Scientific Information Analyst (5)
Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, analyze, and refine draft biomedical category concept listings and definitions.
- Manual extraction of text from grant or contract applications and placement of the information into various database or worksheets.
- Develop and maintain category documentation in the office SharePoint wiki pages and shared folders.
- Facilitate research category sessions with NIH biomedical category experts.
- Curate and revise thesaurus (structured based on UMLS).
- Facilitate and conduct annual maintenance review and analyses for completed category definitions and project listings for public display.
- Facilitate analysis of category/other related data.
- Facilitate training sessions on text mining and reporting systems, policies, processes and tools to NIH community.
- Analyze system deficiencies, defects, bugs, and errors and collaborate with other ORIS staff and contractors to coordinate improvements.
- Develop documentation to support project goals, track required tasks and provide meeting support as required.