Our client is seeking highly motivated Java Application Developers with development and system development life cycle knowledge/experience to contribute toward the success of our client's technology initiatives. The developer will be part of a team responsible for identifying customer requirements, identifying design elements, and providing software solutions. Successful applicants will have familiarity with Java 5 or greater and Java IDEs, SQL, HTML / DHTML, as well as developing with a Relational Database Management System. Familiar with GWT, jQuery, Spring MVC is preferred. The applicant will utilize Analysis, Design, Modeling, Java, J2EE, and SQL skills to translate high level requests, use cases, and wireframes into detailed designs and Java-based applications. The candidate must have technical aptitude, including the ability to understand detailed technical information and a passion to learn new technologies.
· 3+ years Java Developer (J2EE, Java Software Development Kits)
· 2+ years designing and building Web Sites and Web Portals interfacing with Java Software Development Kits
· 0-1 years ETL development experience with Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services experience OR ( experience with a combination of other leading ETL platforms such as Informatica AND solid scripting experience)
· Experience performing installation, configuration and upgrading of Business Objects Data Integrator/Data Services software or similar ETL platforms such as Informatica
· Experience in supporting, developing and tuning ETL solutions in a data warehouse environment. Experience working with large databases and high-volume batch data loading operations.
· Experience in designing strategies for ETL auditing, data quality and enrichment, load balancing, exception handling, and high data throughput.
· Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects.
· Ability to perform impact analysis of requested changes to the data warehouse data model, source data feeds, or ETL application requirements.
· 2+ years working with Linux or Unix
· 2+ years Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
· 2+ years SQL development experience.
· Knowledge of dimensional modeling including slowly changing dimensions (SCDs)
· Experience with Business Objects Data Quality.
· Ability to evaluate Oracle query execution plan and capture and analyze query performance statistics.
· Oracle data warehousing features such as materialized views, partitioning, and bit mapped indexes.
· Experience working with Business Objects WEBI.
· Experience with HR and Financial systems.