This position is located in our PA, Wilkes-Barre facilityGeneral Dynamics IT has an immediate opening for an Oracle ATG eCommerce Developer in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
GENERAL SUMMARY: Analyzes, designs, develops, and implements highly complex operating systems and application programs; serves as a technical team or task leader; works under limited supervision; performs additional duties as assigned.
1. Designs, develops, codes, tests, and debugs highly complex new software products or makes significant enhancements to existing software.
2. Develops and applies advanced methods, theories, and research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced software applications and problems.
3. Resolves highly complex hardware/software compatibility and interface design considerations.
4. Conducts investigations and tests of considerable complexity.
5. Factors emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
6. Directs the writing and updating of technical documentation such as users manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Serves as a customer interface to resolve problems and ensure requirements are met on a timely basis.
9. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced software developers, and m ay have supervisory responsibilities.
10. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
12. Participates in special projects as required.
Requires BS/BA degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
Requires 10-15 years of related experience in software development
Oracle database experience
Development using Java/JEE frameworks
Development experience on Oracle ATG eCommerce platform is a must
Work as part of a team operating under an Agile based methodology
Good understanding of Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, RESTful)
Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
Professional certification(s) may be required.Successful candidate must be able to obtain and retain a USPS security clearance. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US and a resident of the US for the previous 5 years with no longer than a 90 day absence.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in software and systems development.
2. Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies may be required, depending on job assignment.
3. Professional certification(s) may be required.
4. Ability to serve as a technical team or task leader.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work is typically performed in an office environment, which requires normal safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
The above job description is not intended to be, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job.
Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the principal (essential) functions of this job.
General Dynamics Information Technology, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).Click Here to Apply