This position is located in our VA, Ft Belvoir facility
GDIT is seeking subject matter experts (SMEs) to help develop, perform, execute, and improve the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's (DTRA) Building Partnership Capacity Department's (J3BP) chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRNE) Exercise, Training, Capability Assessment & Development efforts. These SMEs will provide technical and operational support for the continued population, development, and maintenance of DTRA's counterproliferation /counterrorism internet based databases/portals. They will also help execute all J3BP mission areas. This support may include leveraging expertise, resources, and lessons learned among and between mission set areas /Task Orders (as applicable) as well as ensure a pipeline of trained and well versed SME resources are available to meet current and future surge requirements.
For this position, GDIT seeks SMEs with current experience in consequence management of CBRNE Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) events. Candidates must have experience and be able to provide: technical expertise and policy knowledge; operational experience and proficiency; knowledge of related training events; understanding as to how deployed assistance teams operate; and ability to identify and advocate for process improvements. Candidates may also provide support to the COCOMs theater security plans by assisting foreign governments with improving the security, safety, and management of their stockpiles of Man-portable air-defense systems (MANPADS), Small arms and light weapons (SALW), and conventional ammunition.
Position requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree, Masters degree desirable. Emphasis in international relations, political science, or similar disciplines desirable.
Completion of Senior Professional Military Education is a plus.
Candidates should possess 10-15 years of related CBRNE experience supporting military operations. Experience should include:
- Experienced defense and security operator and leader required; with 5 to 10 years' experience working in civil-military and foreign emergency/recovery operations.
- Prior experience in foreign consequence management to include the Defense Threat Reduction Agency's exercise program and planning guide, and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction 3214.01A (Military Support to Foreign Consequence Management Operations). Knowledge/experience in non-proliferation, counter-proliferation, border security, law enforcement and WMD interdiction is a plus.
- Prior experience developing, planning, and participating in CBRNE training events or exercises.
- Extensive knowledge of first responder operational requirements and training needs.
- Prior experience in performing training capability or training needs assessments. Managing and conducting training/capability assessments with interagency and foreign partner nations for CBRNE consequence management situations.
- Managing the development of training/exercise plans for foreign partner nations. Activities include but are not limited to planning, organizing, and coordinating event facilitation, training/exercise event design, Master Scenario Events Listing (MSEL) development, exercise control cell development, and exercise/training event assessments.
Must have extensive Higher Headquarters' staff experience and be adept at independently completing complex staff and decision packages. Candidates must possess proven ability to:
- Ability to prioritize work, complete multiple tasks and work under deadlines.
- Excellent reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with senior Government and Industry leaders.
- Must understand and envision the full scope of programs and tasks, yet be able to work detailed programs.
- Must have excellent communicative skills, both oral and written;
- Strong proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite of tools.
-A recently retired O5 or O6 of Air Force or Army would be a valuable applicant.
- Must be capable of transporting and lifting 40 pound boxes of documents and equipment.
- Must be able to travel unassisted to foreign and domestic locations.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a minimum of a secret level.Click Here to Apply