This position is located in our MD, Germantown facility
Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Candidate must be willing to travel back and forth from District of Columbia periodically.
1. Manages the security of information systems assets and the protection of systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
2. Supervises assigned staff.
3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
4. Perform preliminary forensic evaluations of internal systems.
5. Interfaces with client to understand their security needs and oversees the development and implementation of procedures to accommodate them.
6. Ensures that the user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security.
7. Weighs business needs against security concerns and articulates issues to management and/or customers.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
9. Provides guidance in the creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures and other similar documentation
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
8-10 years of related experience in data security administration, including supervisory experience.
Must have DoE Q clearance
Candidate must take initiative in providing solutions to problems. Teamplayer with excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
Must have a positive attitude toward change.
Must have worked at DOE or similar environment.
Be articulate in written and oral communication and able to interact with other staff and clients, in person or by phone.
• Hold, ideally, any of the following certifications
o CompTIA A+
o CompTIA Network+
o EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
o EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
o EC-Council Certified Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
o EC-Council Licensed Penetration Tester
o Microsoft Certified Professional
o CompTIA CTT+
o IACIS Certified Forensic Computer Examiner (CFCE)
o IACIS Certified Electronic Evidence Collection Specialist Certification (CEECS)
o DOD Certified Basic Digital Media Collector (CBDMC)
o DOD Certified Basic Digital Forensic Examiner (CBDFE)
o DOD Certified Basic Cyber Investigator (CBCI)
This position will be Contingent upon Customer approval. Click Here to Apply