Our client, a Federal Government contractor located near Rockville, MD, has an immediate, permanent opening for an experienced Drupal developer. This client was voted one of the best workplaces in Maryland in 2011 and they offer an outstanding comp and benefits package, and an excellent, collaborative environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Custom Drupal/PHP programming and web application development
· Troubleshooting of existing client sites
· Development and implementation of IT best practices and development processes
· BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum two years of Drupal programming experience (be prepared to provide samples or links to past projects)
· Proficient in Drupal back-end development, including custom module development, key contributed modules and the core API, CCK/Fields, Views
· Proficient in PHP, ideally within a GNU/Linux, Apache, MySQL environment
· Proficient in SQL, relational databases and MySQL; skill with tools like phpMyAdmin and the mysql CLI
· Hand-coding HTML and tableless CSS is preferred
· Sound knowledge of developing custom Drupal templates to theme components
· Involvement in, and contributions to, the Drupal community
· Familiarity with revision control systems like Git
· Experience with performance tuning of high-traffic sites