Program Manager / Knowledge Management Officer (Forecasted Position) (2013-09)
VISTA Technology Services, Inc. (VISTA) is seeking a Knowledge Management Officer to act as the lead Program Manager working with logistical, financial and related automation systems supporting the Department of Defense (DoD) in the DC Metro Area. Successful candidates will have proven expertise in the management and control of funds and resources, demonstrated capability in managing complex, multi-task projects and contracts.
- Act as the lead advocate for knowledge sharing by assisting end users to effectively use knowledge management tools and resources and to follow best practices.
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal materials and resources, such as policy documents, process instructions, tip sheets, knowledge base materials, online modules, etc.
- Facilitate training to multiple Development audiences in a variety of formats; modify and adapt training programs as necessary; and implement effective methods for evaluating training program results.
- Provide guidance on delivery of effective trainings (i.e., train the trainer).
- Develop training for Knowledge Management.
- Coordinate and facilitate Development-wide training initiatives, including researching and coordinating training opportunities (e.g., webinars and workshops); tracking staff registration, attendance, and feedback regarding training sessions; and working with colleagues to present learning opportunities with a focus on Development skills and competencies.
- Assist with maintaining and updating the development of SharePoint sites, including updating calendars, staff directories, and organizational charts; creating, reviewing, and formatting content to ensure timeliness and consistency; assisting staff with uploading and creating content for the SharePoint sites.
- Baseline IT Certification for A+, Network+, and Security+ is required.
- Nine or more years of Program Manager and Knowledge Management experience; ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills to answer questions, facilitate communication and provide training to staff.
- PM/KM must have strong customer service orientation and ability to interact with diverse constituencies.
- Seven or more years of in-depth experience with SharePoint, information architecture and database concepts.
- In-depth experience coordinating the development of training materials, tools, and approaches.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) is preferred.
- Bachelor Degree or Masters from an accredited institution in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineer, Information Systems, Information Technology or Business Administration.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen and be able to be granted a security clearance.
Government executives utilize VISTA for information technology, management consulting, decision support systems and a broad portfolio of analytical services.