|Job Duties & Responsibilities|
GEICO - a proven online and mobile industry leader -- seeks an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join our growing team. With more than 2,000 people working in IT at GEICO, not only are we a top employer for tech pros, we're also at the cutting edge of our industry. We're utilizing emerging technologies to drive results, enhance our customers' online experiences, and impact bottom line results.
As a Senior Systems Engineer to on the Enterprise Event Management Team, you will install, upgrade, configure, and perform maintenance on hardware and software infrastructure components. You will also create automated scripts to assist with installation and configuration of products, and schedule and verify automated installs and upgrades along with participating in face-to-face customer meetings to determine monitoring and log consolidation needs. Lastly, you will be the first-line contact for vendor problem resolution and share in 24 x 7 on-call support schedule.
*Bachelor degree or equivalent.
*Provide a high level of professionalism and customer service in all dealings with GEICO internal customers.
* 1 - 2 years of experience with UNIX and/or Windows administration
* 1 - 2 years of experience as Splunk administrator or BMC Patrol administrator
* Installation and configuration of agent-based and agentless monitoring tools
* Experience creating automation scripts (UNIX and Windows scripting, Patrol Scripting Language, etc.)
* Knowledge of multi-firewall network environments
* BMCS-CE-Patrol Central Architecture certification is a plus.
* Experience with SCOM is a plus.
|How To Apply|
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years.
IND123 WP123 GDOORIT DBT