This position is located in our MD, Columbia facility
Background in J2EE-based software development and systems integration, experience in object-oriented methodologies, and proven abilities to develop, test and implement complex technical solutions. This requires a technical person with both excellent technical and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions
• Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents highly complex programs. Develops complex test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
• Designs systems and programs to meet highly complex business needs. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs are developed and coded. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
• Gathers information from existing systems, analyzes program and time requirements. Prepares time estimates and justifications for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to project managers.
• Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with client and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within their areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on complex programming.
• May serve as technical project lead; provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
• Provides consulting services in a technical and/or managerial capacity to management and technical staff. May represent company in presentations or conferences involving customers, co-contractors, suppliers, competitors, academia or the public.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related computer programming experience.
• Ability to communicate technical issues to clients and other team members, both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Excellent team-building skills with the ability to create a positive, collaborative environment within the development team and across the entire project team
• Ability to estimate development tasks and identify associated risks and dependencies
• Understanding of different development options, methodologies, testing procedures, and the limitations and strengths of each
• Skills to evaluate requirements and their impact on performance, user benefit, project timeline, and budget
• Skills to write detailed and accurate technical specifications and detailed design documents
• Technical Experience:
• 4+ years of overall information technology and software development experience (technical architecture, custom application development, systems integration)
• 4+ years of software development experience with multiple software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum)
• 2+ years J2EE Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss)
• Strong database and SQL knowledge (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
• Excellent communication skills (effective oral and written skills)Click Here to Apply