This position is located in our Stuttgart DEU facility
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
1. Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
2. Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems.
3. Sets up administrator and service accounts.
4. Maintains system documentation
5. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
6. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
7. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
8. May program in an administrative language.
9. Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
10. Provides advice and training to end-users.
11. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
• Ability to obtain IAT I certification(s) in accordance with DoD 8570.1
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
• Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
•Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with ITIL framework and active in implementing process improvements.
• Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Three or more years of information technology or technical architecture/design experience
• Experience with large scale Windows environments
• Experience with providing support of servers and systems
• In depth working knowledge of Microsoft server and workstation products.
• Working knowledge of Messaging products: MS Exchange 2010
• Comply with DoD 8570.01-M, IA Workforce Certification Level: Information Assurance Technical (IAT-II).
• MCITP - Server Administration
• MCITP - Enterprise Messaging
• NetAPP solution experience
• Strong working knowledge of the Windows operating system environment, security compliance measures in a DoD environment (STIG, IAVA, CTO...), installation and configuration of Microsoft OCS as well as Active Directory
• An in depth understanding of supporting technologies: IIS, CommVault, WINS/DHCP/DNS, Anti-Virus, Systems Management, Optimization Tuning, High Availability configurations (Microsoft Clustering, etc.)
• A thorough understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Networking, Security, TCP/IP, SAN and NAS, physical datacenter practices
• Knowledge/experience with Information Security
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007, Microsoft SCOM, VMWare vSphere / ESX, Microsoft Powershell scripting, Microsoft Windows 7Click Here to Apply