The Worldwatch Institute, headquartered in Washington, D.C., seeks to hire D.C.-based interns to work in our Climate and Energy program. The successful candidates will work closely with Institute staff to conduct research and analysis on issues related to low-emissions development strategies, renewable energy policy, and international climate finance, with particular geographic focus on Latin America and the Caribbean, sub-Saharan Africa, India, Europe, Southeast Asia, and the United States.
- Track and analyze climate and energy data and policies (in the U.S. and abroad);
- Contribute to climate finance research;
- Assist the Climate and Energy team in ongoing research projects;
- Contribute to proposal development and grant applications across a wide range of issues;
- Contribute to Worldwatch publications, including reports, blogs, and policy papers.
- Demonstrated strong interest in both climate and energy issues;
- Advanced degree in environmental policy, economics, international affairs, government and legal studies, natural resource management, or other relevant field;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative research skills, and the ability to understand and articulate sophisticated economic, policy, and technical analyses;
- Outstanding communications and interpersonal skills enabling him/her to work well both in teams and independently;
- French/Spanish language skills preferred.