This position is located in our VA, Chantilly facility
Candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and testing software including applications programming interfaces and services. Serves as the technical lead for the design, testing and implementation of complex critical applications, complex restful web services, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) services and application program interface code. Requires knowledge of Java DataBase connectivity (JDBC), Open DataBase Connectivity (ODBC), or direct data base interfaces. Conducts programming efforts involving JAVA, C, C++, Ruby on Rails, HTML, HTML5, and DataBase Management Systems (DBMS). Experienced in development of software in a variety of languages to include, but not limited to, Java, Perl, PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP), and JDBC. Translates system requirements into application interfaces, SOA services, or web services designs that effectively address interoperability with other applications. Generates test plans to ensure adequate unit, system, and integration testing is performed for complex applications and databases. Experience with the newest technologies and techniques such as prototyping, component-based development, object-oriented design, web services and architecture, COTS integration, middleware engineering or data warehousing. Additional duties include:
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents mainframe-resident and client/server applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Writes and updates technical documentation such as users manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
8. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related computer programming experience.
Unique/Additional Requirements Click Here to Apply